Low Calories Recipes Pumpkin and beetroot salad
- 700g pkt diced butternut pumpkin, or 700g peeled seeded pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 250g cooked beetroot, halved or cut into wedges if large
- 280g pkt Coles Brand Australian baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Praise deli style balsamic & roasted garlic dressing
- 150g Castello blue cheese, torn
Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Scatter the pumpkin over the tray. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with caraway seeds. Season. Roast, tossing occasionally, for 20 mins or until the pumpkin is light golden and tender. Sprinkle the pepitas over the tray around the pumpkin. Bake for a further 2 mins or until toasted. Set aside to cool slightly.
Place the pumpkin, beetroot and spinach in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Place in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with blue cheese and pepitas.